Just over fifteen years ago, Scott Borchetta opened the doors of a small office on Music Row for a start-up label he named Big Machine Records. With just a handful of employees and few artists, Big Machine put the pedal to the metal and created its own path to become one of the most successful independent record labels in the world. To celebrate the label’s historic 15-year successes, BMLG President/CEO Scott and his wife Sandi Borchetta, who is BMLG’s Senior Vice President of Creative, announced the launch of a grant fund for 501c3 non-profit music schools and organizations, awarding fifteen recipients with $10,000 grants.
The first five organizations to receive a grant have been announced including:
The organizations were surprised during a ZOOM call with the Borchetta’s
- Chattanooga, Tennessee’s Chattanooga Boys Choir
- Tacoma, Washington’s Ted Brown Music Outreach
- Higley, Arizona’s United Sound
- Boston’s Education Through Music
- Oklahoma City’s El Sistema Oklahoma